Yay! I have been nominated by my friend Dana Wielgus, or as I like to call her, Dana Northstar, to receive a Liebster Award!
This award is given to bloggers with less than 200 followers by other bloggers. It’s a way to publicize & promote your blog, gain more activity on your site, and overall acknowledge your fellow bloggers’ awesomeness, despite the lower numbers of readers. Thank you so much, Belle, for the honor!
Here are the rules for the nominee (Me):
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you in a post.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger (Dana) created
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers whom deserve recognition (you cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you)
- Post 11 new questions for them to answer
- Notify all nominated bloggers
11 Facts about Kyle
- I am an Eagle Scout. A dying breed. Not many more good ones out there that understand how great of an honor this is
- Celebrated being married 20 years this past week by being at Girl Scout Camp with my entire family
- I have been an IT nerd since sophomore in high school when I joined Computer Homeroom.
- Marquette University High School is a great high school. Unless you attend class there, you will never fully understand the bond that an all male high school can have.
- Met my lovely bride in fact #2 freshman year at Carroll College. Her first impression of me was not great. Ask her about it sometime 🙂
- Swimming has been a passion of mine for a long time. Coached 16 years at Divine Savior Holy Angles before moving to Waukesha North in 2007. I will be eternally grateful to Peggy Braun for taking a chance on me to coach.
- Hate the fact that there is not enough time in the day or week or month to staff fully connected with my friends from High School and College. No matter how much time is carved out, there is still not enough
- Traveling to Australia during January of 1991 will always be one of the greatest trips of my life
- It has taken this long to get to my passion for sports and fantasy sports? Something is wrong. ESPN is a mandatory channel selection and the NFL RedZone is the greatest thing ever invented. Fantasy football is something that I take serious but it does help with fact #7
- Same with Golf. Enjoy playing golf or as my brother calls it “Hit and Chase”. No course is a garbage course when playing gold, well except for Portage Country Club. That is a Dog Track
- My real brother Brian, lives 5 houses from me, and “my bro” lives 0.5 miles away from me. My real brother is often accused of being older, although I am 4.5 years older. “My Bro” is Jim. At Girl Scout camp, a number of the younger campers often thin we are brothers.
11 Answers for Dana:
1. Why did you start blogging, and why? Really wanted to capture my thoughts while practicing to write more. Most of you know that I have a million things in my head at one time and I thought this would help get them out in an organized way. Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, right now, where would you go, and why?
As long as I can take Michelle with me, we are going back to Australia. Just something about the people and the culture that is so much fun
3. If you had the chance to travel back in time or into the future, which would you pick, and what would you want to see/find out?
Future. So I could see how my kids turn out. Not that I am going anywhere soon, just want to make sure they are productive members of society that are happy and loved.
4. Apple or PC?
PC. MAC this, Mac that…still cannot live without a PC
5. How did we meet?
I was the Head Swim Coach and you were the eldest Diver on the team. And we probably met at GS Camp as well.
6. What is your guilty pleasure?
Planning to get everyone out of the house, cook up a steak on the grill with mushrooms, turn on ESPN, while drinking a cold beer
7. At my funeral, I want this song played:
Good Riddance by Green Day off the Nimrod album
8. What do you think of when you hear, “Wisconsin?”
Camp Randall Stadium on a cold crisp fall afternoon with 90,000 fans screaming for Bucky
9. What is your favorite season and why?
Summer. Pool, Beach, BBQ, Beer, Golf
10. I never, ever, want to do this again:
Be too busy for a friend in need.
11. What do you like most about yourself?
That I am a giver and not a taker
- Jason Muelver at http://jasonmuelver.tumblr.com
- Lisa Dorsey at a Blessed Life
- Shiloh Buchman at Hand It Over
- Erika Berger at the American Calgarian
- Dave Erickson at Nerds Eye View
- David Wallach at Pace of Chicago
- Another Dave I respect in Dave Steffen at http://dsteffen45.wordpress.com
- The Principal of the Purple Palace by Jody Landish
- Dale Van Keuren at The Tech Corner
- SDW Technology Now
- Brenda Ster at the Charmed Suite
My Questions for the Nominees:
- Greatest Sporting Event you have ever attended and why
- Holiday Parades? – In or Out and why
- What is your greatest fear
- Favorite State to visit
- Who is the greatest inspiration in your life
- If there is a person that you could spend one day with, past or present, who would it be?
- Favorite Concert of all time that you attended and why
- Summerfest or State Fair? Please defend your position
- If you were forced to give up one of the 5 senses, which one would it be
- What candy could you never give up
- Ice Cream or Custard? There is a difference, pick one.
Thanks Readers! ((Editor’s Note: There is no real award handed out for this – Just a great way in my opinion to develop more ideas for posts and to get more readers))