Here is what I learned during the month.
- I have some great friends that were able to donate to the cause. Your support means a great deal to me. Even if some of you wanted me to grow out a handle bar like Rollie Fingers and others wanted me to make it to New Year’s.
- Spell check has a hard time with the spelling of moustache. It can also be mostache.
- It is a lot more work than I thought it would be. Constant maintenance slowed me down in the morning. It threw off my entire morning routine.
- Just like a ton of things in life, having the correct tools makes the job easier. I bought a Wahl trimmer and it helped tremendously in shaping and trimming.
- I should have cleaned it up earlier than in the third week. Once I cleaned it up a bit if started taking better shape. A lesson learned for next year.
- Everyone has an opinion on what type you should grow. Even those who have never grown one.
- Most women, including my wife, daughter, and Mom, did not care for it at all. I did get a ton of good laughs from others.
- I read an article to use conditioner to soften the hair and skin around. Problem is I am not that metro guy that has some conditioner, so I used my wife’s. I did not realize that the ‘stach would carry the smell of her conditioner all day long. So the business side of me thinks there has to be a niche market do fragrance smelling conditioner for men. Maybe a pizza or steak smell??
Thanks everyone for the support. It was fun and I am already thinking of ways to make it better next year.
There is still time to donate at http://mobro.co/kylebedalov